Copyright: SolĂˇ-Morales 1993, S. 25
In a large park on the Montjuich hill, following a previous exhibition in 1888 which had not aroused much excitement, the second World Exhibition in Barcelona took place in 1929. Spanish works of art and industrial products, as well as replicas of Spanish architectural monuments in the “Spanish Village” were displayed. Among the contributions from foreign countries, there was one architectural highlight which
has remained famous till today: the “Pavilion of the German Reich” by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe - a most elegant, modern low flat building with partition walls of the most costly materials. At the same time, an “Ibero-American Exhibition” took place in Sevilla, at which the Latin-American countries demonstrated their close links with the old colonial power.
|Year: 1929||City: Barcelona||Country: Spain|
|Duration: 20 May 1929 - 15 January 1930|